A Safety Statement is a legal requirement for all employers.
A company’s Safety Statement is a written document that describes how Health and Safety within that company is managed. A Safety Statement is a manager’s duty of care to their employees, stating how they intend to manage risks and hazards in the workplace. In order to comply with current legislation, an up-to-date written Safety Statement must be implemented by all employers, including the self-employed.
A Safety Statement is—
- Based on a risk assessment of your business
- Site-specific for your organisation/business
- Specific to your work practises and/or procedures
- The employer’s responsibility
- A legal requirement under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, Section 20.
Call us with your queries, or to book a FREE phone consultation.